Photo update: Sanrio in Atlanta, Indie Craft Experience + more!

A little photo post!

I've taken a lot of photos over the past two weeks…

I thought I'd share them for a random sort of update since it has been quiet lately. I also should have an art update later this week + more products on my etsy! But for now… enjoy some photos from

• the Indie Craft Experience
  • Thanksgiving
  • outfit snaps
  • and the Sanrio 50th anniversary "Small Gift" event in Atlanta!

Below is a picture of my half of the table at ICE… keep reading after the cut for more photos!

I made some little glitter trees with owl toppers to hang items on, and decorated a cupcake stand for my stamps, stickers and rings…

my favorite thing on the booth was my pop up cardboard girl I made! She now lives on my desk since the show is over. I think I might have prints made of the pink haired version (there is currently a green hair girl print in my etsy like this) – what do you think of that idea?

This was Emma's half of the booth! She sold items she had sculpted – my favorite were the button coasters!! (Those circle shapes wrapped up with ribbon – check them out here. They are SO cute!!) She also had a few items made by her sisters: Children's aprons made from vintage fabric and little bird ornaments. I really loved all her items – she still has a few left over if you see anything in the photo you fancy! It's all on her etsy, "Adventures at Hand".

Since my last post, Thanksgiving has come and gone… I don't really have any photos to share from that other than the above and a outfit photo though. I was so busy spending time with my family and Chris's family that I forgot to take pictures! The above snap was on the car ride to my Aunt's – I really liked how the pink wine, pink petticoat and pink ring all matched. And below is what I was wearing…

It wasn't very cold that day, so I was able to dress more for style than warmth which is fun! It was also my first time wearing that petticoat out and about. I bought it a while back from Electric Alice – and the stripey bow is from Megan Maude's booth at ICE (with a little 6%dokidoki strawberry clipped in the middle).

Early Sunday morning I met up with my friends Emma and Lillian, to go check out the Sanrio pop up shop that had arrived in Atlanta! Our friends Jaclyn and Meredith were also supposed to join us, but they weren't feeling well. 😦

The event was set up at Atlantic Station which is like an outdoor mall… It was at a good location next to a beautiful giant Christmas Tree – but it was SO cold!!! Probably a good thing our under the weather friends didn't come out – they might have felt worse!

If you haven't heard about the Sanrio tour going on, its been all over the US for the past few weeks in honor of their 50th anniversary! Most stops just have a little pop up shop, a game and a chance to meet Hello Kitty… but LA and Miami have huge parties! I'm quite envious!! LA's has already happened and you can see some great photos here of it. Miami's event will be this weekend at Art Basel and I bet it will be super fun! If the pop up tour isn't coming to your area and you'd like to check out the special items for sale – go here.

I only bought one thing at the pop up shop – a Keroppi figurine for my desk! He was one of my fav characters growing up (along with Spottie Dottie!). I think the figurines were always my favorite items to collect from Sanrio as a kid, so I was super pleased with my one purchase. I ended up getting a goodie bag too filled with free stuff! I split some of it up with Emma since she didn't buy anything.

Freebies!! Lip gloss, bookmark, coloring book, candy, band aids, markers. Check out the super cute holiday bag they put my Keroppi in! I think I will save it for a good gift wrapping opportunity :B

Everything was really adorable – even though it was cold and early in the morning we couldn't stop giggling at the decorations. Cute little smart car and the tent where they set up games.

I want this trailer!! What I would do with it – who knows… but it is TOO cute! It would be fun to use when moving or something.

Lillian's husband Jason taking a turn at the games while Lillian puts on her chococat crown she won. I picked up a Hello Kitty crown, and I think Emma got Chococat and Jason Batz Maru. It was all goofy but super fun.

After shopping and playing games, we hung out in the cold for a bit – drinking coffee, reminiscing about Hello Kitty item collecting as children and people watching. There still weren't too many people there for the event  because it was early and cold – but we did spot a few girls dressed up in Lolita fashion! I kinda geeked out at the first girl we saw and asked for her picture… she was so cute and I've never seen a Lolita girl in Atlanta before! (Although, Lil told me they come to Criminal Records pretty often, so I must just be missing them or something…?) Hopefully I didn't creep her out too bad with my dorky excitement. πŸ˜‰

Eventually, Hello Kitty came out!!! We weren't sure if she would or not, so it was a nice treat! We did get a few photos with her, but unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me that day so I'll have to share them later when I get them from Lillian.

Here is what I wore to "meet" Hello Kitty! (heheh) I tried to make my outfit Sanrio themed with a Hello Kitty necklace and bracelet, a bow belt, super girly skirt, my Chubby Bunny x Sanrio bow I got in LA, and the Sanrio-esque ring I made. What do you think of the ensamble? :B

A close up of the Hello Kitty themed jewelry… and speaking of the bow ring – I will be selling more of the pink and red bow rings on my etsy very soon! Hopefully before the Holidays sneak up on us – I'll post when they are ready πŸ™‚ I still have a few strawberry rings left for those who are interested…

Last but not least… After the Sanrio event, Emma and I went to browse the near by Target for a bit – and I spotted these ridiculous things! They are plush doggy toys made to look like complete meals! I thought they were so hilarious! I wish my dog played with toys like this so I could buy it for her πŸ™‚

Anyhow – hope you guys are doing well! ❀ I'm up late writing this because I can't sleep… so please excuse any crazy typos you see! Also, tell me what you have been up to in the comments! Have any of you been to the Sanrio events? I miss posting and reading your comments so please do say hello! It makes my day! :B

34 thoughts on “Photo update: Sanrio in Atlanta, Indie Craft Experience + more!

1. Lindsey says:

Ooh, how neat! I wish the sanrio tour had come to Chattanooga :[ We used to have a store here, but I guess it didn’t do well because it closed. Same with the Disney store dangit :/ lol

2. Sarah says:

Whee! Thanks for posting this San! I didn’t realize that the tour was coming to New York City next! I will have to stop by!
    I really like your striped strawberry bow πŸ˜€
    How’d you like your first craft show? Isn’t it fun? πŸ˜‰

3. Mandie says:

I’m so excited to see pictures from other Sanrio tour stops. The little Keroppi figure is precious. OMG those dog toys, so cool! I wish my cats were big enough to play with those, haha.

4. Gaidig says:

Well, if you want to get in touch with more Lolita girls, you should talk to Megan Maude. My understanding from her is that she is/used to be big in the Lolita scene before she started getting into Steampunk — which is how I know her.

5. Jem says:

I love craft fairs I can’t wait to go to another one here in Brooklyn. I have been to that California pizza place that is your pictures when I visited Atlanta a few years ago….memories- wish I could have met you then!

6. Janna Lynn says:

Sweet post, loved all the pics! I think both your outfits are so cute! The craft fair looked awesome! Do you ever put your designs on t-shirts? I think they’de sell like hot cakes (a.k.a. I wanna buy one :)). Your cut out girl is so cute, a pink haired one would be awesome! I looove Hello Kitty (just got a finger tattoo of Hello Kitty) but alas…they are not coming here, I just have to shop online (which is really what I like to do anyhow). Those doggie meal toys are sweeett! Our doggies would have them ripped up in minutes…but we still love to get them things like that. Great update! Take Care…Hearts, Janna Lynn

7. Sarah says:

I thought your table set up looked great to be honest πŸ™‚ That was a great idea for the cupcake stand. I’m not that good at setting up my table [yet] haha, but have been getting tips by looking at other tables. There’s this really great group on Flickr called “show me your booths” http://www.flickr.com/groups/715724@N24/ I looove it and so many ideas on there πŸ™‚

8. Katie says:

Oh gawd, Spottie Dottie was my absolute favorite!! I had EVERYTHING Spottie Dottie for most of my childhood. *memories*
    Your table looks so fun and exploding with color, just like you!
    And I might just go to Target now and make the many doggies on my Christmas list happy for the holiday. πŸ™‚

9. Sanasaurus says:

Spottie Dottie was the best!! And thanks girl, I really wanted my table to be colorful… was a little tricky to figure out with out spending too much money! Maybe next time Ill spray paint the cupcake holder πŸ™‚

10. Sanasaurus says:

Thanks!! Ive never had my designs on shirts – I looked into it over the summer but wasnt too sure… the issue is the cost to produce things! If i do sell shirts Ill have to do a preorder to make sure people are interested in purchasing before I order them. Do you have a picture of your new tattoo??

11. Sanasaurus says:

Hmmm, maybe someday! I think I was just more excited to see someone dressed like that in Atlanta… I feel like our city doesnt have a lot of fashion variety sometimes! Im not super into sweet lolita but appreciate the cuteness and love Angelic Prettys accessories. πŸ™‚

12. AngΓ©lica says:

Sooo much cuteness!
    I need that Hello Kitty car πŸ˜€ And the trailer!
    And your hair is amazingggg, but I’ve must have said that before and I guess you get that all the time πŸ˜‰

13. Samhain Moon says:

All the Sanrio stores we had at Puerto Rico closed down, sadly… My favorites included Pochaco, B. Maru, Chococat, and Cinamorroll… Sanrio is such love!
    Your first outfit is amaazing!

14. Nick says:

I was going to say ‘Look at all that discreet target branding all over the san rio stuff’ and then I read that it worked and you went to target right after!
    PS. I’m buying a christmas tree for the first time ever on my own. Send me an ornament! I’ll make you one!
    N

15. Sanasaurus says:

actually the only reason we went to target was they gave us coupons for free Hello Kitty bandaids… and we went to go pick them up! Unfortunately for target we didnt buy anything else πŸ˜‰ Xmas tree!!!! OUUUH! Miss you Nick!

16. Sasha C says:

Did you sell those bow rings @ AWA ’10? Because I own one, but don’t remember a pink haired girl selling it to me. So I’m hoping someone didn’t rip you off :P.

17. Sanasaurus says:

Nope! Its a plastic cabochon πŸ™‚ I bought some because I wanted it for myself and figured I could sell the extras that I didnt use or gift to friends. Ive been really surprised how interested people are in them, so I might make some in the future with my own bow design so its more unique!

18. Kawaiiparlor says:

Two events that I am so sad that I missed out on. I am very interested to hear more about your experience with ICE. I never have enough stuff on hand to do events like this. Cute drawings BTW….

19. Miranda says:

Hey! I just visited one of those hello kitty kiosks at the mall and got 2necklaves,a black hellokitty head purse (it’s super small!) and I got a free charm! Omg everyone should go to those kiosks! I had never been to one until today! I giving away the other hello kitty necklace at a secret Santa party for me and my friends! Man I missed the pop up shop, I could gave gone down to Austin! Dang it!!!! But I guess the mall kiosks are good enough.

20. Sasha C says:

Oh, O.K.. I figured that might be the reason. And I only know of a sanrio store in Discover Mills (the mall, but it might be about 30 mins away from you). Oh, I live near atlanta, that’s how I know :P.