Seaside photos!

I've finally gotten around to putting the rest of my photos online and sorting through my favorites that Chris took, and here they are! I'm putting it all behind a "read more" cut though because there are a ton. Above is me riding one of the rental bikes around town, and below is the view of our place from the beach! eee!

Reverse view of the beach from our place.

And here is a closer shot of where we stayed. It was a one bedroom on the 3rd story of a cottage – we had to walk up a ridiculous amount of stairs to get up there – but the view was so worth it.

Teeny tiny make up stand! It was kinda cute. Below are some of the photos Chris took inside with his wide angle lense while I ate breakfast/rummaged around one morning.

The bathroom, sink and shower were all in one space! It was kinda weird, but we got used to it quickly. The french doors made it easy to open up the entire bathroom and get to the sink while getting ready – so I liked that aspect.

Nomming cereal and coffee on our super high deck.

Chris building his pyramid at the beach! And below is Egyptian Bender (that I got at Sundog books) admiring our hard work on his pyramid and sphinx. hahaha…

My sphinx!

The people who were there for long periods or owned a house there had the cutest bikes! I think most of them are by Electra

Walking to the beach on the path from our house.

Chris and the awesome little covered area at the top!

I was really excited about the view and asked if we could take a photo together there… this is what I got! ahhaha – Chris is so crazy.

He did let me get a few nice ones of us together though… πŸ˜‰ This was on our last evening there so we kinda look tired and beached out.

Gorgeous photos Chris took of me walking on the beach as the moon came out. The beach was so empty and calm that evening!

My favorite shot. πŸ™‚

You can read Chris's post here about the trip, and see more of his photos here… and if you'd like to see the rest of my photos go here!

It was such a great little trip – I really want to go back to Seaside again someday! I'm a little nervous about that area of Florida due to the oil spill thats going on, but I'm keeping my hopes high that things will get sorted out and my hometown (Pensacola) and the surrounding beaches (Destin, Ft. Walton, Seaside, etc) will be protected somehow.

Hope you guys enjoyed the photos!

34 thoughts on “Seaside photos!

1. Meru says:

Awww, I’ve always loved that pavilion~ it looks so Asian! The house you stayed in looks so cool. I love seeing inside the different houses there :]
    That last shot of you walking down the beach = epic.

2. Pu3 says:

I love your beach photos!! πŸ˜€ The place your are staying looks verryy nice.
    And owh wow *_* those bikes! ❀ ❀ I wish i could own any one of them, must be pretty expensive

3. Sanasaurus says:

I’m so jealous of my bf’s camera (and his photo ~skillz~) but glad I get to share the photos with him! And yeah – I really wish I could do a house tour there or something! All the houses are so cool looking. :B Do you have photos of where you stayed in the past? I’d be curious to peek!

4. Sanasaurus says:

Thank you!! I feel so lucky I got to go there, it was a nice experience! I’m not sure how much those bikes cost, but they are super adorable. I like all the details on them!

5. Ashley says:

San, I’m in love with these photos! I’d pretty much give anything to hang out somewhere like that for a few days right now. Looks sooo relaxing!

6. megan says:

It looks like a beautiful place! I like the house you stayed in too.
    Haha, I think it’s funny that you find the sink, toilet, and bathtub being all in the same place weird. Is your shower in a separate room from the rest or something? Oh, but does the shower not have a door on it or something (is it not “attached” to a bathtub”? That would be different. πŸ™‚

7. Meru says:

Oh gosh, it’s been ages since we’ve physically stayed in Seaside. TT-TT After my parents got divorced, my mom started branching out to Seagrove and Destin, although we always visited Seaside pretty much every year. Maybe I can dig up some old photos when I visit my mom this weekend!
    I’ve been bugging my husband to rent us a place in the off-season somedayyyyy, lol~

8. Sanasaurus says:

Ohhh, I think I didnt explain that well hehe – It was weird because the wall was mostly glass (from the glass french doors doors) so there was no privacy while you took a shower or went to the bathroom! Im used to there at least being a solid door on the bathroom and a shower curtain, haha. I think we had 2 1/2 maybe 3 feet to hide behind on each side, and the other person in the room had to stay still or you would still be seen – it was tricky! πŸ˜‰

9. Brandi says:

I love Seaside! I went there a few years back πŸ™‚ My family is scattered all over Florida, so I’ve had to pleasure of visiting the hot spots πŸ˜‰
    BTW, I love your hair. I wish I could get away with that color XD

10. ana says:

I stumbled across your photos on Flickr and popped over to see your site. I spent a week at Seaside last summer and I totally recognized the place. I loved riding around on cruiser bicycles everywhere! Small world!

11. Stephanie says:

i absolutely love all these pics! wish i would’ve been able to see the place in person! that bathrooom does look crazy though, but i kinda like it :o) so glad you had a great time while you were here. Next time though, lets plan for some ‘me and you’ time!! ❀

12. Sanasaurus says:

Aw hi Stephanie!! I didnt know you read this πŸ™‚ I kinda liked the bathroom too even if it weirded me out at first. Ill have to send you a letter when I mail grandmom photos πŸ˜€ Love you! 3