A mini Seaside, FL photo post

Hello from Seaside, Florida! I’m currently on a mini trip visiting my family and celebrating my upcoming birthday… I’ll be home pretty soon and back to regular posting, but until then I wanted to share a few photos:

My “birthday cake”, which was a huge slice of strawberry cake from Modica Market. It was seriously the best piece of cake I’ve ever had in my life! I had to have Chris help me finish it because it was so rich. I’m guessing it was made in store because it was super fresh and amazing.

Enjoying the cake from our gorgeous view… wow! Can you imagine living here?! We can even see the ocean from our little place – it is kinda like a little fort in the sky. I’ll share photos when we get back! The little can I’m holding is Sofia wine – one of my favorites which comes in mini soda-like cans with bendy straws. Kinda goofy but I thought it would be fun to pair with my celebratory cake.

Chris built a pyramid at the beach, and then I made a mini sphinx to hang out with it… It was still there this morning when we went out there! I was surprised. I had never really made anything in the sand as an adult, and it turned out to be very relaxing and zen-like. I might try it again before we leave.

So far my only touristy purchase (other than food and drinks) has been a Futurama blind box at Sundog Books… and I got BENDER! He is my favorite character! I was ridiculously excited in the store when I opened it. He even has a mini storage compartment and props. Too awesome! This is me geeking out over this before we even left the store. Hahaha…

Close up of the mini bending bot. ❀ Unfortunately I didn’t get many photos with my family at the beginning of the trip – we were so busy enjoying each other’s company it slipped our minds. I guess we will have to do it on our next visit! It was so nice to see my grandmother – she is 82 this year and I don’t know how many more opportunities I will get to visit with her over the next few years. So I’m very grateful to be out here!

Anyhow – I’ll have more photos and maybe a video when we get back. Also, the bicycle post should be coming Wednesday evening if there is enough time! Hope you all are doing well!

21 thoughts on “A mini Seaside, FL photo post

1. Sarah says:

Yay Yay! Happy Birthday San! πŸ™‚
    Looks like a lot of fun! Family time is the BEST!
    Squeee! That cake looks yum yum yum! I think even the frosting is homemade. I see tiny strawberry seeds I think!

2. Kristen says:

Seaside is where the movie The Truman Show was filmed, correct? Looks super fun!
    We have the West Coast equivalent close to us called Seabrook (http://www.seabrookwa.com/) designed by the same team of community designers.
    Sooo jealous of your awesomely warm beach trip! Great sand pyramid/sphinx by the way!

3. stacy d says:

I’m originally from Panama City which is about 20ish miles east of Seaside. When I was a teenager some friends and I would often drive out to Seaside in the middle of the night to hang out since it was so peaceful and the complete opposite of Panama City Beach. That town is so weird, there would be families riding their bikes at 3am.

4. Lindsey says:

Oh my, that looks delicious! And I am so jealous of you right now! Looking at those pictures, I can feel the ocean breeze ;_; haha lucky girl, enjoy your time down there!

5. Sanasaurus says:

My boyfriend said the secret is getting the damp sand thats under the top layer! When I did that and was just really gentle about shaping things, it worked pretty well. Try that next time!

6. Sanasaurus says:

Hahaha, I can totally see people there doing that! There were so many families, I was shocked. I don’t think I saw anyone my age there, only parents and children and older people. But it really was peaceful, so I didn’t care much πŸ™‚

7. Jackie says:

Just found your post. We were in Seaside last week and were staying on Odessa Street. Our chairs were right behind your sculptures. Well done! We enjoyed looking at them. We have sons – 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 years old. They loved looking at your sculptures and were sad when the tide finally washed them away.
    Loved staying in Seaside… hope the beaches don’t get ruined.
    Also loved the cake at Modica. We had the chocolate, caramel and rainbow throughout the week. Will have to try the strawberry next time.
    Great photos!

8. Sanasaurus says:

Oh wow – that is so cool you found my site! Im glad your family enjoyed our goofy sand sculptures πŸ™‚ And Modica is fabulous! Thanks for checking in πŸ˜‰ Hope you come by the site again soon!